Toast 2.12 update (#4)
Restaurants with table service are also known as full service restaurants. Customers sit down and servers take their orders for them. Some table service restaurants do offer takeout, but often have particular terminals set to quick service for those customers. What’s specific to this type of service is that the servers are doing the work for the customers, so the receipt flow looks differently than if a customer was ordering face to face at a counter with an employee.
As a server and manager at a full service restaurant, there are 5 receipts to be aware of while processing orders: itemized receipt, non-itemized signature receipts, final itemized receipt, and closed check chit.
- Itemized Receipt: When customers have completed their order, the server brings an itemized receipt to the table. The itemized receipt is printed on the order screen by selecting Print.
- Non-itemized Signature Receipts (customer and restaurant copy): The customer hands the server their cash or credit card. If they pay with a credit card, the server will swipe it and the customer and restaurant copies will automatically print. The server will bring the receipts to the customer to sign.
- Final Itemized Receipt: If a customer would like a final copy of their itemized receipt, select Receipt and choose the appropriate option. The customer can have a receipt emailed, texted, or printed.
- Itemized Signature Receipt: New in Toast 2.12 is the ability to print an itemized receipt with a customer signature.
- Closed Check Chit: A receipt for the server and manager. It helps the server know immediately that the check has been closed correctly, helps them put their cash out together for reconciliation, and helps the manager quickly verify that the math checks out on the shift review.
Upon entering in the tip on the last credit card payment on a check, Closed Check receipt will print.
Note that closed check chit will be automatically enabled. If, however, you need to toggle it on or off, navigate to Marketing > Receipt Setup to access the configuration.