Device Status and Diagnostic Dialogue
If one of your devices goes offline, there is a now an offline dialogue that will appear to answer the following most common questions asked following entering offline mode:
- What's happening?
- Why is it happening?
- What can I do about it, if anything? If I can't do anything, what is Toast doing about it?
- What works? What doesn't work? What should I watch out for?
- When will the situation be resolved? If the time is unknown, how can I stay updated on the situation?
The dialogue will appear automatically and can be disabled by selecting the option not to show again. If you'd like to see the dialog again, select the cloud icon in your top bar.
The dropdown arrows can be selected to show more information on each topic.
Most Common Causes of Offline Mode and Their Solutions:
- Internet Connectivity/ISP is having an outage, or the modem needs to be reset - Call your Internet service provider to troubleshoot.
- Local Network/Wi-fi router doesn't work - Check that Internet and power cables are plugged securely.
- Credit Card Processing is down - Visit the Toast status page.
- Toast Servers are unavailable - Visit the Toast status page.
Device Status, Queue's, and Device Info
To navigate to the Status page, select Device Status in the overflow menu from any screen in the app.
The first screen is the Device Status, which will show connectivity and services for various parts of Toast. Network Status will show if the device is offline.
The second screen shows queues for that device. The drop down arrow next to print queue can be selected. Pause Printing can be selected in order to stop printing error popups.
The last page is Device Info, which provides useful information if you need to call into Toast support.
If you're currently offline and need help getting back online, contact Toast Support for assistance.