At restaurants with multiple locations, it is common that one user may need to make changes to another user's Permissions, Basic Information, and Jobs and Wages at another location.
This article will cover the requirements for a user to make changes to Employee Information, Jobs and Wages, or User Permissions to:
1) their own account at another location
2) another user's account at another location
Permissions Hierarchy -
Multi-location restaurants must have at least one "super user" at the corporate level that has access to all Toast permissions. This access is granted by a Toast employee. The "super user" should then choose a minimum of one manager user at each individual location that also has access to all permissions.
However, the permissions granted to the manager user at the individual locations are still to the super user's discretion. For example, the super user may not want a manager user to have access to certain Admin Permissions such as Financial Accounts or Franchisee Fees.
In order to make changes to a specific permission for another user, the user making the change must also have access to that permission.
To make changes to a specific permission for a user at another location, the user making the change must have the same permission granted to them at their original location AND at the location where the user’s permission needs to be changed.
- Example: A user has the ability to Void Items / Orders at Location A but not at Location B.
- This user will only have the ability to grant other users access to the Void Items / Orders permission at Location A.
- If a user has the ability to Void Items / Orders at Location A, Location B, and Location C, then the user can grant the Void Items / Orders permissions to another user at all three locations.
Employee Information - The ability to edit a user’s basic information (including contact information, password, and passcode) is based off of the Employee Info permission.
In order for a user to make changes to their own employee information OR to another user’s employee information, the user making the changes must have the Employee Info permission granted to them.
To make changes to a user’s employee information at another location, the user making the change must have the Employee Info permission granted to them at their original location AND at the location where the user’s employee information needs to be changed.
Jobs and Wages - The ability to add or remove job roles from an employee is based off of the Employee Jobs & Wages permission and also on the permissions within the job role.
Requirements to add or remove a job role from a user at another location:
- The user adding/removing editing the job role must have all of the permissions that are required of the job role.
- Example: In order for User A to assign the Key Employee role to User B at User B’s location, User A must have access to all of the permissions that are required within that job role.