KDS All Day
High volume kitchens will want to be able to churn out orders quickly. The All Day option allows a cook to see a list of similar items totaled so they can be made all at once. For example, there are 18 burgers on order. With All Day mode activated, the number of burgers will total in one box to prevent having to manually count all tickets.
This article will cover how to turn All Day on and off and some feature updates in Toast 2.8.
To turn on All Day, select Show All Day on the KDS.
Items will appear in a more consolidated view. To return to the previous view, select Hide All Day.
KDS All Day updates allow for cooks to see many more details than they could before! What will be covered in this article is back-end configuration and modifier display settings.
To adjust the All Day settings, navigate to Kitchen Setup under the Kitchen / Dining Room section. Scroll down to the ticket screens section. There will be an All Day Display section where you can adjust settings.
Yes, enable All Day Display, grouped by item only: Toast will default to this setting. Even if in the below example, Hummus & Grilled Eggplant has additional modifiers, the All Day Display will group based on item.
Yes, enable All Day Display, grouped by item and sub-grouped by modifiers: This is the updated option for All Day Display that offers the most robust features.
- Regular items without modifiers will be listed first. See the Hummus & Grilled Eggplant example below.
- Items are broken down into subgroups by similar modifiers. The number at the top shows the total number of orders placed for that item and the numbers to the left of each modifier indicate the number of orders for that specific regular or modified item.
- If items are ordered as they are (without modifiers), "regular" will not appear. It'll just show the number and course.
- Modifier subgroups are sorted into course sections. If the modifiers subgroup has no course, it falls under "-- No Course specified --".
- Items that are listed as different courses will separate by course. In the example below, one blackened chicken is an appetizer, one is an entree, and one does not have a course specified.
No, do not enable All Day Display: Tickets will appear normally on the KDS. There's no All Day Display button.
Modifier Display Settings
Navigate to UI Options under Other Setup. Scroll down to Modifier Display Mode to specify how to display the modifiers. Legacy, Legacy Flatten, Vertical, and Horizontal are the options. The All Day Display will respect the setting you choose. Visit this article to learn more about the four display modes.