This is the new EMV card reader called iCMP from Ingenico.
Some basic information about it:
- Power on button and micro usb port are located along the right hand side
- If the card reader is in power saving mode, it will display " Ingenico and Beyond" instead of "Toast", gently touch the power button on the side of the card reader to wake the reader up.
- To restart the card reader hold down the power button for a few seconds. Please note that holding down the power button will only restart the card reader and will not power it off
- To power off the card reader hold own on the yellow key and the "#" key at the same time for a few seconds
Note: Ingenico EMV readers can not be turned off using the power button on the side. The only way to shut them down is by holding the # button while pressing the Yellow button, or letting the battery run out of charge.
Pairing the Bluetooth Reader with the Tablet:
In order to pair the Ingenico Bluetooth reader with your Android device, ensure that both the reader and tablet are powered on. The reader will have a battery icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, which indicates both the charge of the battery and if the battery is charging or not.
From Android Settings under the Connections section of your tablet, ensure that Bluetooth is Enabled (pictured below) on the left hand side of the screen.
If Bluetooth is not enabled, enable Bluetooth for the device.
When Bluetooth is enabled and the reader is powered on, your tablet will Scan for available Bluetooth devices with which to pair.
The Ingenico reader will appear on the list followed with the prefix iCM122- followed by the last eight digits of the device serial number (identified as Serial No on the back of the device). For this example, this number is iCM122-20552710.
Select your reader from the list of available devices to pair.
Before pairing, the reader should display "BT Pairing Required." Tap the F four (4) times, and then tap the F2 button. This will initiate a Standard pairing, as seen below:
Please note: accidently hitting the F key 4 times will cause the reader to unpair from the tablet if it is already paired.
Note that the prefix of the number as displayed on the reader is different as that displayed on the Android device - only the last eight digits are identical.
At this stage, you should enter the PIN as given above into your Android device:
If the PIN was entered correctly, the device name will now appear on the right-hand side of the screen under Paired Devices.
Please note: If, for any reason, the reader has become un-paired from the device, a new pairing with a new PIN number will need to be initiated from the reader.
Toast Device Setup
Now that the reader and tablet are paired together via Bluetooth, the Toast POS app must be properly enabled to use the reader with Toast. From the main Toast menu, find and select Device Setup.
Under the Payment Processing section, select Card Reader Model from the list to choose which reader model to use with this device. Ensure that Ingenico ICM122(Bluetooth) is selected as the card reader model:
Once selected, tap anywhere outside the Card Reader Model box to exit and then use the Toast icon in the top-left to leave Device Setup and return to the Main Menu.
When the card reader not accepting credit cards while it has power is to attempt the following in order (note that if the previous step does not resolve the issue then move on to the next one, you don't need to follow all the steps):
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on at your Android device
- Toggle the settings in the device setup section in Toast. In device setup, pick another reader other than iCM122, and select iCM122 again, check
- Force stop the Toast app and relaunch the app, check.
- Power cycle the card reader ( hold down the # and yellow key together to power off, and hold the power button on the side to turn on), check
- Power cycle the Tablet, check
- Unpair and Repair the card reader to the tablet. To do that, go to the tablet settings for bluetooth, find the iCM device and click unpair. Press F key 4 times on the device, and the F2 to enter the reader into pairing mode, which will display the PIN. Pair by entering the pairing pin as shown above to tablet
If all fails, go into the config mode of the reader and delete all the pair devices.
i) restart the iCMP unit by holding down the power button