During peak business hours such as the lunch rush, it may be necessary to slow down orders coming in from online orders.
Turning on Throttling:
- From the tablet (Toast 2.8 onwards):
- Go to the Pending Order Screen
- Select "Throttle Online Orders"
- Use the Sliders to set Throttling as needed:
- or Toast back-end:
- Go to Other Setup > Takeout/ Delivery
- Go to Online Order Throttling and set as shown below
What the kitchen sees:
What your guests see:
Guests will just see the first available time moved out to account for throttling. They won't see anything to indicate that throttling is in effect, or that the "restaurant is busy". This is the guest screen with the first available time: