If the cash in your drawer just doesn't add up to the expected balance- here's a few tips to finding and solving the problem. Note that these are just helpful resources and are not guaranteed to solve your specific discrepancy. Contact support with further questions.
1. The End of Day Report is a fantastic resource- change the setting to show just cash to see all cash movement for the day.
- Pay special attention to the CASH DRAWER column and notice any payments that didn't go to a drawer and should have, or vice versa. See this article for further information on this and how to reassign payments.
2. The Sales report contains the Cash Drawer Report and the Cash tab. While similar to one another, one view may read easier for you than the other. Use these reports to double check that the cash entries were out of the correct drawer.
3. The Shift Report is very useful if your expected deposit from the cash drawer report and total cash from the sales summary do not match.
4. Make sure all tip outs/pay outs etc. were physically taken out of the correct drawer.
5. Note that the expected closeout balance (from cash management and cash drawer report) is including the starting balance- more on that here.