For detailed Shift Review training, please view Shift Review: Close Out Procedures.
Shift Review is a tool that walks your employees through all the steps that need to be completed before clocking out and closing out their shift.
To configure Shift Review to be a required step before employees clock out: From your UI Options, choose Reqiured - waitstaff is required to close all checks and declare cash tips before clocking out.
The Shift Review workflows is as follows:
Step 1: Make sure all checks are closed.
Step 2: If you receive cash tips, they’ll need to be declared.
Step 3: If you receive non-cash/credit card tips, you’ll need to tell Toast where the tips were pulled from (cash drawer, safe, etc.) and where your cash earnings will be accounted for (cash drawer, safe, etc.).
- This step can be skipped, however, please understand that your reporting for cash earnings will be skewed.
The collect cash and tip out process can be completed in a one or two step workflow:
- If the preferred method of collecting cash and tipping out should occur in one step, or collected cash and tip out amounts do not need to be accounted for in separate cash drawers or safes, use the following workflow:
- If cash collected and tip out should be accounted for in two separate locations, for example, cash collected should be accounted for in a cash drawer while tip out might come from the servers own cash bank or safe, use the following workflow:
- The cash earned will be marked as collected and the amount that the employee owes or is owed will also marked as collected. The user can then clock out or begin a new shift.
- Note: If for any reason you need to revert back to the previous step, use the Edit button to tell Toast that the Collect Cash & Tip Out step is being repeated and revised.
Step 4: If you are responsible for a cash drawer or are locked down to one, you’ll need to count and record the amount in the drawer.
Hint: Don't forget to print your employee report!