Toast version 2.0 now includes the ability to configure how you would like modifiers to display on orders.
From the toasttab.com backend, access UI Options located in the Other Setup section
Locate the Modifier Group Sorting option located in the Order Screen section
The following two options are available:
- Display in order modifiers were added
- This will display each mod item on the order based on exactly how they were entered by the staff member.
- Display in order modifiers are listed in their modifier group
- This will re-arrange the mod items added to the order to match the exact sequence of mod groups that are listed in the Menu Setup section.
- As an example, based on the sequence of modifier groups present, the system will ensure that Sauce Choice option that is selected by the staffer is always listed at the top of the order, followed by the Side Choice. The System will ensure this is the case, even if the staffer selects a Side Choice first, followed by the Sauce Choice.
In order to take advantage of this new function, you will need to adjust the Modifier Display Mode. This configuration is located in UI Options, right above the Modifier Group Sorting configuration.
Modifier Display Mode needs to be configured to one of the following:
- Vertical Mode
- This displays the modifiers as a vertical list. 1 modifier item per line.
- Horizontal Mode
- This displays the modifiers horizontally as a list. Each modifier item is separated by a comma until there is no additional spacing, and will continue to fill the next available line.
You will need to select Save and then Publish Now / Publish Changes in order to have the configuration changes apply to all POS devices.