How Do I Configure Custom Dining Options?
Toast provides you the flexibility to configure custom dining options and adjust how they behave when you use them through a Toast device.
- Navigate to the back-end of Toast. Scroll to the Kitchen / Dining Room section and select Dining Options.
- Dine In, Take Out and Delivery will be pre-populated by Toast.
- Tap the +Add button to to enter in a new dining option.
- You can customize the name of the new dining option and edit the name of the pre-populated dining options.
- Behavior allows you to determine how you want the dining option to function.
- You can assign any dining option to behave as a Dine In, Take Out or Delivery order.
- Tap on the check box to enable a dining option as the default. When creating new orders from the orders screen, the default option will be selected unless you manually adjust it.
- Once you have finished creating and adjusting the dining options, tap the Save icon on the top right of the page and then be sure to Publish changes to push your new dining options to Toast POS devices.
In the example below, we have created two new dining options and set their behaviors based on the type of orders they will be responsible for.
Using Custom Dining Options
Newly created and recently adjusted dining options will be accessible through the order screen, which is found by entering Table Service or Quick Order modes. If you are using a default dining option, all newly created orders will be automatically assigned to your default choice.
Select the dining option button to change dining options. You can adjust the dining option at any time during the order taking process. Assigning the order option to a Take Out or Delivery based dining option may prompt the customer account page to appear, where you can look up established accounts or create a new account.
In the example below, the order is assigned to the default Dine In option. By selecting Dine In, a prompt will appear so we can manually assign the order to any dining option available.
Custom Dining Options Reporting
Toast's Sales Report tracks net sales and number of orders for all dining options. You can locate this information by tapping on Sales Report from the main Toast POS dashboard. Note that any order from Toast POS that is not automatically assigned to your default dining option or manually assigned to an alternative option will appear on the report as under "NONE".
In the example below, we have a large number of orders that are assigned toNONE as well as orders assigned to their appropriately designated dining option.
How Do I Force My Servers To Select A Dining Option?
Are you worried that your servers are not selecting a Dining Option when they are taking orders?
To change the configuration to ensure that they are making a selection, navigate to the UI Options tab.
Scroll down to the Order Screen section. Select "yes" for "Prompt for dining Option." Now, when your servers are using Quick Order mode (but not Table Mode) they will be forced to select a dining option before they tap pay or send. The prompt will be the same as the dining option selection box.