The Cash Drawers Report is a portion of the Sales Report that gives you an overview of cash activity at a single location on a single day.
Each column is the summary of either a physical cash drawer, the "House" or an individual server. Each cash drawer column is labeled according to the Receipt Printer Name of the printer it connected to the drawer.
The Total column will sum numbers in each from the physical drawers and house only.
- Starting Cash (+)- The amount of cash used to start the drawer at the beginning of the day before any sales occurred.
- Cash Payments (+) - Payments taken during the day where cash was the tender type and a drawer was used
- Cash Collected (+) - Cash given to the house from an individual server for payments collected without the use of a drawer.
- Cash Out/Pay Out (-) - Negative adjustment of cash leaving a cash drawer
- Cash In/Pay In (+) - Positive adjustment of cash being added to a cash drawer
- Tip Out (-) - Negative cash adjustment representing Non-Cash Tips paid to a server at the end of a shift
- Expected Closeout Cash - The amount of cash expected based on the sum of the figures listed above (+ and -)
- Actual Closeout Cash - The amount of cash physically counted and recorded via the Cash Management process
- Overage/Shortage - The variance between Expected Closeout Cash and Actual Closeout Cash (Over or Under)
- Expected Deposit - The Expected Closeout Cash minus the Starting Cash from a Cash Drawer
- Actual Deposit - Total cash deposit that you have added using the Deposit function
Columns in the Report
A physical cash register/till in the location and the figures are a record of the activity for that till during a single day.
A theoretical drawer where cash collected by the house and tips paid out by the house without the use of one of the physical drawers are both recorded.
An individual record of Cash Payments (Cash on Hand), Cash Collected from Shift Review and Tip Outs are recorded for each server during a single day.
A sum of each figure from each row for the Cash Drawer and House columns only. Note: This does not consider the figures from an individual server in the sum.
The reports also mark the name of the employee who closed the drawer and what time they closed it. If a drawer is not closed, it will be highlighted in red and listed as Opened.
This view shows all of the cash drawers that you have set up. Since it is an overview, it will be a sum of each action (Cash In, Cash Out, Pay Out, Cash Collected, Tip Out).
This column of the Cash Drawer report tracks cash functions that are not recorded from a cash drawer and are instead recorded as into the "house."
This means that when conducting Cash Ins, Cash Outs, and Pay Outs (cash drawer functions) and Cash Collected and Tip Outs (shift review), rather than choosing a specific cash drawer to receive/remove the cash, no cash drawer is selected and it is recorded as being received/removed from the house.
Each server on shift who accepts Cash on Hand will have their own column to calculate their Expected Deposit, which is their Tip Out. This amount is their Cash Collected plus their non-cash/credit card tips.
In the image below, the individual server is named Toast Training:
Cash Drawer and House Detailed View
To see a breakdown of itemized details for each cash drawer or the house, select View at the bottom of any column to expand the details of that drawer or the house. Note that cash details for individual employees are not provided on the cash drawer report.
Select Show / Hide Columns to customize how your report is viewed on Toast's back end. Each report is exportable in .CSV format.
View Total Details (Total Column)
Actual Deposits made using the Add Deposit feature will appear when viewing the Total column cash entries.
View Cash Drawer Details
Each cash drawer view will list all Cash In, Cash Out, Pay Out, and No Sale occurrences. Any Cash Collected or Tip Out instances that occurred through shift review will also be listed in detail. This view will also show any adjustments made to a cash drawer's starting balance.
A user can also add Cash In entries, add Cash Out entries, or close the cash drawer directly from this view and it will be accurately reflected in reporting.
View House Details - New in 2.14!
The house view shows details for all Cash In, Cash Out, and Pay Out, occurrences that have been added to the House (no cash drawer selected). Any Cash Collected or Tip Out instances that were paid to the House during shift review will also be listed in detail.