Items can be moved from one order or table to another order or table through a process of splitting the item(s) onto a separate check and them combining checks. This can only be performed with open checks, it cannot be performed on paid or closed checks.
Example Scenario - Check 134 contains 2 Items (Turkey Club, Chef Salad). Check 135 contains 1 item (Two Egg Special).
The Chef Salad is on the wrong check and needs to be moved to Check 135.
1. To move the Chef Salad from Check 134 to Check 135, edit Check 134 by splitting the two items into separate checks.
2. Now each item involved is on its own check. #134 Turkey Club, #135 Two Egg Special and now #136 Chef Salad.
3. Enter Combine Checks mode from the Open Checks screen.
4. In Combine Checks mode, First select the destination check (#135) where the item being moved needs to go. Second, select the check with the moving item (#136).
*NOTE* The top of the screen will indicate "Combine into Check #135" because it was selected First. Verify this is the desired result before combining.
5. Once the action is verified, confirm by selecting Combine in the top right corner. The result is that there the two original checks remain (134 and 135) and the Chef Salad has moved from 134 to 135. Check 136 is absorbed and is deleted.