*Gift Cards and Rewards Program are both paid features of Toast POS. If this feature was not originally a part of the Customer Agreement/Contract, it can be added to the account. Please contact email@example.com and our Account Management Team will reach out to discuss this update.
Please submit all gift card orders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ORDERING NEW GIFT CARDS
For customers interested in enabling Toast’s Gift Card program and/or placing an order for new physical gift cards to be made, Toast would like to provide information regarding what is required to submit an order.
In order to submit an order, Toast needs:
• Designs: High resolution (300dpi) graphic designs for the front and back of the cards (more details
• Restaurant Info: Customized verbiage to appear on the back of the cards.
• Quantity: How many cards will be ordered (more information below).
• Shipping Address: Physical address for the cards to be delivered. Orders are shipped via Ups Groundand cannot be delivered to a PO BOX.
How do I submit my own designs for the cards?
All graphic designs submitted for the order must fit the following specifications before the order can be placed:
All orders should be submitted to email@example.com
• Standard card size CR80 3.375” x 2.125” with an additional bleed of 0.25”
• Resolution of 300dpi or better
• The design file has a 0.25” bleed perimeter that allows for cutoff in the printing process.
• The design/logo is centered in the space within the bleed.
• The layout must fit within the 0.25” perimeter to allow for cutoff
• The back template must be white
• The text on the back must be black
• A 1.25”x 1.25” space within the perimeter bleed must be left blank to allow the QR Code to be placed when card is printed.
• A 0.33” blank space must be left for the magnetic stripe to be printed.
• If providing print-read designs to Toast, place the Restaurant Info desired on the design before submitting to Toast.
Please attach your hi-resolution PDF, JPEG, Illustrator (ai) or Photoshop (psd) file format when submitting your order.
Note: For customers supplying Toast with print-ready designs, the QR Code and Magnetic Stripe will be placed in the printing process. Be aware of the space that is needed for each in the design(s), but ensure that it appears blank in the file(s) before sending to Toast. If designs do not meet these specifications, Toast will reject them and provide guidelines for adjusting the designs in order for them to be submitted.
Does Toast offer any graphic art services to customers?
For customers who do not have designs that meet these specifications on-hand to submit, Toast can provide some basic graphic services to create design(s) for gift cards at an additional fee. This fee starts at $100.00 and is subject to change depending on the complexity of the work. A quote/estimate will be provided to the customer for approval before any design/graphic work is initiated.
Toast defines these basic graphic services as:
• Front of Card – Placing a high resolution (300dpi or better) logo – provided to Toast by the customer- onto a solid background color of the customer's choosing. If desired, adding text to identify the card as a “Gift Card” or other basic text.
• Back of Card – Placing customer's desired verbiage onto a template (pictured above) within in the specifications for bleed, magnetic strip and QR Code placement.
These services would include one round of simple revision, for example – changing the verbiage on the back or the background color on the front. These services do not include creating a logo or otherwise intensive design or illustration work. Customers must be able to provide a high resolution image of the logo for the cards.
What is the cost for these cards to be made?
The cost per card varies depending on the quantity that is ordered (the prices below are subject to change. Toast will notify the customer if prices have changed before proceeding with an order.) and does not include shipping costs or the basic graphic services (outlined above) if those services are rendered.
*If you are ordering more than one design, each distinct design is its own order and quantity, not a aggregate price. If you have 2 designs and order 500 cards total (250 of one design and 250 of a second design), each set is billed at $1.00/card for 250 cards, not $0.70/card for 500 cards.
Below is a price table for the most commonly ordered quantities (minimum order is 250 cards). For quantities greater than 3000, please contact Toast Support before placing your order.
Card Carrier/Envelopes can also be ordered through Toast. We are able to offer generic carriers (pictured below) or you can also submit custom designs.
Available colors are Blue, Black, Yellow, Red and White.
They are $6.00 for 50 and are available in quantities of 50 only.
Custom art can be created for carriers. The guidelines for these designs are illustrated below and downloadable at the bottom of the article:
The prices of these carriers are listed here and are separate from the cost of the card.
How long before the order is complete?
Once the final order is placed by Toast the process takes typically 15 business days for the cards to be approved, printed and shipped to the shipping address provided to Toast by the customer.
• For new restaurants opening for the first time, Toast recommends that this process be started as early as possible so that the cards can be made and received in time for opening day.
Can the order be rushed?
A rush order can always be requested, but is never guaranteed. If a holiday season is approaching and the order placed is in anticipation of a busy gift card season, Toast recommends that orders be submitted as early as possible (5-6 weeks lead time) to avoid being without gift cards when they are needed them most. The gift card vendor does not approve or recognize requests for expedited/rush orders during the weeks between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.However, expedited shipping options (billed to the customer) are always available upon request.
Alternative Card Stock
Some alternative card stocks are available at a premium of $50 per 1000 cards ordered. (example: 1000 cards = additional $50, 10,000 = additional $500). If you are interested in this option, please check with firstname.lastname@example.org first so that we can check on the availability of the card stock you're interested in (especially for large quantity orders)
The available options are:
Toast Generic Cards
Sometimes things move quickly and customers find that they are without any gift cards when they go-live. As a temporary solution, Toast offers generic gift cards in stock to be purchased at $1.00/card (shipping not included).
In most cases, they can be shipped on the business day they are ordered. The front and back of these cards are pictured as the examples on the previous page.
For all images, logos or print-ready designs, please export the original design files to either PDF or High-Resolution JPEG before sending. Please submit all gift card related items, files, designs etc to email@example.com with a subject line that includes the name of the restaurant or restaurant group and the phrase “New Gift Card Order”. A support agent will be assigned to the order and be the contact person for the duration of the ordering process.
Submit all gift card orders to firstname.lastname@example.org.