One of the most powerful tools that a digital POS system can give an operator is data. Toast wants to give you a lot more control over that data, so that you can use it to do a lot more direct marketing, as well as tracking who your most loyal customers are. CRM Opt in will allow your customers to choose whether or not to allow you to use their data to contact them, giving you opportunities that have never had before.
1.Make sure that your rewards program is enabled.
2. Here is a picture of all of the different options that can be set up with the Toast rewards program. Notice that currently, you cannot set up two different rewards programs. All of your customers have to use the exact same program.
3. Now, double check that digital checks are enabled on your device. You can also turn on digital receipts from device setup.
4.When the Receipt Dialogue box pops up, select that you want a receipt.
5. If your customer chooses either email or text receipt, you will see the new opt in screen.
6. You will see these text boxes. They are checked by default.
7. When they fill out the phone number or the email address, they will see a screen that looks like this, asking them if they would also like to join the rewards program.
8.When they do select to sign up for the rewards program, they will see a screen that looks like this. You can customize the introduction from step 2, if you choose.
9. If they do not, your customers will simply see the payment completed screen.