I'm pleased to announce that Toast 1.9 will be available for upgrade starting tomorrow.
As part of this release, we are adding the ability for you to schedule your own app upgrades. We give you a week long window, and you can choose the day and time that are most convenient for you. Schedule your upgrade using the link below, or check out the support article for more details. If you don't choose to schedule your upgrade, you will be upgraded automatically Tuesday, October 13 at 4:30 am EDT.
This release also includes many great features and other improvements to Toast.
- Modifier firing - modifiers can now be configured to fire separately from the main item, e.g. fire a steak as an entree and its salad modifier as an appetizer
- New permissions
- the ability to view other users’ checks (previously only editing other checks was an option)
- the ability to add open items
- Per-item tickets - Optionally print out a ticket for each item on a ticket, e.g. for a ticket with 3 burgers print out 3 tickets with 1 burger each (plus a master ticket)
- Payment recovery - in the rare situation when the tablet crashes while processing a payment, the system will prompt you to recover / resume the payment
- Support for MagTek BulleT bluetooth credit card reader
- Accounting updates (beta feature)
- Create GL Accounts and map data to those accounts (gross sales, different payment types, taxes, discounts, etc)
- New accounting report uses GL account mapping to generate needed accounting information
- Update gift / rewards customer information - click on any gift card or rewards account to easily update customer information and adjust point balances