Toast POS, like all apps, is an evolving product. Our engineering team works hard to improve features and functionalities of the application to enhance our customers' everyday use of our product. When bugs are fixed, existing features are updated and new features are available a new version is released to be downloaded and installed on each Toast device/tablet.
Depending on the Security Settings of the tablet downloading the newest version of Toast, users may encounter a security block when attempting to install a Toast update. This block can easily corrected during the installation process. To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Login to Toast
2. Toast will alert the user that an update is available for download. (In some cases this update is optional, in others it is REQUIRED before logging in to the application).
2A. Select the option to download the new update.
3. When the download is complete, the user must then install the newer version.
4. If the device's Security Settings do not allow installations from sources other than the Google Play Store, a message will alert the user that the installation is being blocked.
Tap "Settings" - To navigate away from Toast to the Android Settings for Security.
5. From the Android Settings, under Device Administration, the setting for Unknown Sources is unchecked, meaning the device does not allow installing apps from anywhere other than GooglePlay.
6. Tap the empty box for Unknown Sources so that a green check appears in the box.
A pop-up notice will appear with a warning (below) - tap OK to bypass this warning and update the Android setting going forward.
NOTE: If the user selects "Allow one installation" before selecting OK, this setting change will not be stored for future installations and this security block will occur the next time Toast releases and update. We recommend leaving "Allow one installation" unchecked before selecting OK.
7. The setting for Unknown Sources is now updated to allow installation of apps from sources other than GooglePlay, i.e. Toast.
8. Navigate back to the Toast POS application and select the option to the Install the update that was downloaded before.
When this is complete, the user will be provided a message that the upgrade was successful and may be asked to enter login credentials once again to enter Toast.