Future Orders that are placed through Toast are stored in the Pending Orders mode of the App.
The Pending Orders screen has two sections:
If Online Ordering is being utilized, this page holds orders that do not meet automatic approval rules. In rare cases that an order does not automatically approve and fire to the kitchen due to network issues, the order will be stored here.
If an order is placed for a date and/or time in the future, this page will hold those orders up until the time the order is scheduled to fire to the kitchen. This page also provides a few order management tools:
- New Order - A shortcut to Quick Order Mode to place a new order
- Dates - Edit the range of dates by which Future Orders are shown
- Change Schedule - Edit the existing future Date, Time and Prep Time for the selected order.
- Update - Identical to the Update function in Previous Checks, this allow the user to enter the order in ordering mode and make changes to the order (add/remove items, edit modifiers, etc)
- Pay($) - Identical to the Update function of Previous Checks, this allows the user to enter the payment mode of the order to take a payment, edit an existing payment, void payment, etc.
When future orders are placed they are given a Preparation Time, which is how much time the kitchen will need to complete the order. The Preparation Time for an order dictates when the order fires to the kitchen.
Example, if an order need to be ready by 12PM and is given a 1 hour Preparation Time, i will fire to the kitchen 1 hour before at 11AM.
Note As a safeguard, Toast POS will add 1-2 minutes to the Preparation Time automatically.
Adjusting Preparation Time
The Preparation Time is set originally when the order is initially placed using the Change Schedule button from the ordering screen. Preparation Time as well as the Date and Time the order need to be ready can be set using the Change Schedule button from the Future Checks screen.