The Deposit Report available through the Toast Dashboard provides users with data and information regarding the credit card business they have processed and how those sales translate into the deposits to their bank account.
Like all Toast reports, the report can be expanded by any time period the user chooses to see.
For ease of use, there are built-in time frames to choose from:
If Custom Date is chosen, the user can enter any two dates (start and end) if the built-in ranges do not suit the user's need.
The Toast Deposit Report is broken down into four tabs:
A breakdown of settled credit card totals for the date range, a view into the processing rates and fees for both Visa/MasterCard/Discover and American Express (V/MC/D and Amex are processed and reported separately), as well as any pending batches (this section generally shows the most recent batch captured that has not yet settled).
Daily Breakdown Tab
Perhaps the most useful Deposit Report on a day to day basis, the Daily Breakdown tab provides the user an itemized list of any credit card batches that were settled within the viewed range of the report.
There are several columns that show by default when viewing the Daily Breakdown tab:
- Settled Date: The date on which the credit card batch finalized and, in some cases, deposited into the user's bank account.
- Sales Date: The date on which the sales actually occurred for the deposit (The user can use this date to refer to the same day's Sales Report to compare figures)
- V/MC/D Payment: Total Sales for Visa, MasterCard, Discover on the Sales Date listed.
- V/MC/D Refunds: Total amount of Visa, MasterCard, Discover refunds included in the batch.
- V/MC/D Fees: The total processing fees for Visa, MasterCard, Discover that were deducted from this batch before being deposited into the user's bank account - At present, Toast operates on a schedule which deducts the processing fees on a daily basis before depositing as opposed to a more commonly used schedule where all fees are deducted once a month. However, this is subject to change in the future.
- V/MC/D Net (Dep): Net Deposit into the user's bank account for Visa, MasterCard, Discover. This number should be used to reconcile against bank records for deposits.
- Amex Sales: American Express amount processed on this Sales Date.
- Amex Refunds: Amount of any Amex refunds included in this batch.
Beyond these columns that show by default, there is also a Show/Hide Columns drop down menu to further customize the information that is shown:
Account Transactions Tab
This tab provides a report of all financial activity in a user's internal Toast account. This includes credit card deposits and fees as well as ACH payments into and out of the user's bank account. These ACH transactions could be one time charges for hardware, regular monthly software fees, or other types of adjustments.
Customer are invoiced monthly for their software fees and any other debits or credits that were incurred over the billing cycle. The statements page provides the user with a history of all of their monthly invoices which the user can download as a .PDF file for their records.