E-gift cards are submitted to the recipient's email address. If you find that you submitted a gift card to the incorrect email address, you can locate the gift card information from Toast's restaurant admin site and re-submit the gift card link to the customer's proper email address.
Toast recommends you perform the following steps through a standard computer for quicker access, instead of using a Toast device.
- Go to Toasttab.com and log in using your Toast email and password credentials.
- Select Sales Report from the main Toast dashboard.
- Select Cards from the drop down menu and filter by date of when the gift card was sold.
- Select Gift Card Transactions tab and locate the order.
- You can click on the order to view the order details, which will include the customer's name and the email address originally entered.
- The transaction will contain the transaction date and card amount that can assist you in finding the gift card.
- Select the Gift Cards tab to locate the gift card account. Use the transaction date and card amount found through the Gift Card Transaction amount to ensure you've located the correct gift card account.
- Click View, located next to the eGift Card account number. This will open up a new browser page directly to the gift card page. The page will contain the card's current balance. Customers can simply use the gift card number or QR code on the page to redeem the transaction through your restaurant.
- Copy the webpage link and send it to the correct email address. The customer will be able to open up the link from the email and redeem the gift card.