Toast POS provides you with the ability to perform item-level voids and to void the entire check. Voiding is a individual User Permission that can be given at the Job or Employee level. If a user does not have sufficient permissions to perform an Item or Order Void, a manager's override will be needed before the action can be completed.
If an item has been sent to the kitchen for preparation already and needs to be removed from an order, a void will be required. Actions that send orders to the kitchen are as follows:
- Send - causing the order to be sent for preparation.
- Hold - causing the order to be held as an open check for later use.
- Print - causing the receipt/bill for the order to be printed.
- Pay - causing the order to be sent for preparation and opening the payment screen.
Void Single Item
If only a single item needs to be voided, but the remainder of the order will not be altered, an item Void can be performed.
Locate the check through one of the following methods:
- Access the Payment Terminal and locate the check and tap UPDATE
- From the Quick Orders mode, select the Lookup button on the top right and enter in the check number.
- Select Find Checks under Manager Activities and search by check number and date.
From the order screen - select the item to be voided by tapping the item. Then, select VOID.
Once confirmed, the item appears marked out on the check above with the words VOIDED under Total.
VOID Entire Order
In some cases an entire order may need to be voided. To do this, simply find the order in the Toast POS app. From the order screen, select the Overflow Menu button in the top right corner (three dots). From the drop down menu that appears for these options, select Void Order.
If any void reasons are configured, select a Void Reason before the order is voided.