If the tablet has saved login credentials for other networks, it may automatically switch away from the Toast network if the tablet is significantly closer to the other network or is unable to hold a signal with the Toast network.
When the Toast device is not on the correct network, you may experience the following issues:
- Missing orders on certain tablets or certain orders are not appearing.
- Orders created while the device is on a non-Toast network may not appear on the devices that are on the correct Toast network.
- Orders are not printing or getting to the kitchen on this device only.
- Printers are connected to the Toast network only. A device that is on a non-Toast network will not be able to communicate the order to the printers.
- Network or tablet errors.
- You may encounter "Model Sync" errors when a device is on a non-Toast network or a red/orange "No Connection" banner if the device is trying to connect to a weak or non-functioning wifi network.
Perform the following steps to help guarantee all devices stay connected on the Toast network:
- Exit out of the Toast POS app and open up the device's Settings app.
- Ensure that the device is connected to the correct Toast network.
- Locate any other network that the device may remember login credentials for.
- Tap and hold on the network you wish to avoid. This will bring up a prompt.
- select "Forget Network" to remove the saved login credentials from the device.
- If you only receive a "Connect to Network" prompt, this means the device did not have the credentials saved and would not be able to switch to this network.
- Do this for any additional networks that you think the device has remembered.
- Ensure that wifi signal strength is strong by looking at the wifi radio icon located on the notification bar across the top of the tablet screen.
- A severely weak signal or no signal will likely cause continued issues. Make sure you are within range of the wifi network.
- The following network related articles may provide you with more tips, info and solutions:
- I am having connectivity issues with Toast and non-Toast devices.
- I have no internet connection. How do I know if the Toast network is working?
- Contact the Toast Support Team (617.682.0225) for further assistance.