Toast's Labor Report provides vital information on all labor related items including hours worked, pay, tips and time entries. The Labor Report is divided into four primary tabs to provide quick and easy viewing.
Labor reports can be customized based on dates, shift hours, and to view all employees or an individual employee.
Restaurant and Employee Summary
The Restaurant summary will provide an overview of hours and pay based on all jobs that have been added to the restaurant.
- In the example above, the report has determined the regular and overtime pay for the Busser and Cook jobs. The calculation is based on the number of hours the Job has been clocked-in for and the default pay that has been set for the jobs. This report is most valuable in determining basic labor information for jobs that have a set hourly pay.
Employee summary will provide a quick breakdown for each employee. Unlike the Restaurant summary that is based on jobs, the employee summary is a focus on each employee and their vital labor data.
- In the example above, we can quickly review Aaron's hours and pay. Total amount of sales from Aaron, number of orders and guests also help us determine employee productivity. The tips column contains all non-cash amount and declared tips column is cash only..
- Like many of other reports in Toast POS, employee summary is exportable. Simply click on the Payroll Export button to export the data to Excel.
The Time Entries tab provides an itemized view of each shift and its related labor data.
- In the example above, we can easily determine an employee's timestamps and their payable hours. You can select any time entry to adjust the timestamps and job title if needed - Click here to learn more about updating time entries.
- Select Show / hide columns to access the drop down menu. You can view a variety of different pieces of data (listed below) to provide a more in-depth look at each time entry.
Employee productivity takes into account labor and sales reporting to provide an overview of productivity by employee.
- In the example above, We can compare the productivity of two employees - These details can be used to determine opportunities in improvement and evaluate overall productivity for a specific time frame.
- Although employee productivity provides a basic understanding of voids per employee, Toast recommends reviewing the Sales Exceptions report to look at more in-depth void related information.
The Pooled Tips tab provides an itemized view of non-cash tips recorded divided by tipped hours worked per tipped employee. This establishes a common rate of Non-Cash Tips/Hour = Tip Rate in a given range of time and then multiples the rate by hours worked to give you a tip share for each employee.
You can utilize this information to calculate pooled tip distribution.
Hourly Sales Report
This report (new in v2.0) provides Managers/Admins a breakdown of Sales in 15 minute intervals in an easy to track report. This report can inform on-the-fly staffing decisions can be made based on the Sales of the day.