Here are the most common causes for kitchen tickets not printing when the order is sent:
- The tablet sending the order is not connected to the same wifi network as the printers.
- The printer is not powered on.
- The printer paper roll is out.
- The printer has lost connection to the network.
- The printer is not configured correctly (less common)
If you are having issues getting kitchen tickets to print:
- Verify that the ethernet cable connecting the printer to the wireless router/wireless bridge is securely connected at both ends. If you are unsure about one or both ends, unplug and it plug it back in (listen to/feel it click into place)
- Verify that the tablet(s) sending the order which is not printing is connected to the correct wifi network. This is a secured Toast network which is named as such. IF the tablet(s) was not connected to the correct network, connect it and run a test transaction.
- Power cycle the printer - disconnect the AC power supply cable from the back of the printer, allow 10 seconds to pass and plug back in. Run a test transaction.
- Press the feed button on the front of the printer to ensure that paper dispenses and that the roll is loaded correctly. If it was not, correct it and run a test transaction.
If these steps did not correct your printer issuer you may need to call Toast Support at 617 682 0225 to receive additional assistance.