Use the Find Checks feature to locate and view details for any order/check from any selected day or date range. Find this feature under Manager Activities within Toast, or under the Manager section in back end.
Easily locate a check by selecting one of five tabs to begin and filter the search.
- Find by Check Number- the most efficient way to find any check if you have the check number and order date or range.
- Find by ID- Enter the Check, Order or Payment Reference ID found in the Order Details on the check
- Find by Customer Info- generally efficient for online, delivery or takeout orders where the customer's information has been provided.
- Find by Credit Card- if the last 4 card digits of the payment method are known, this option will show any checks where that card has ever been used at your restaurant. Very useful for handling a customer claiming they have been charged twice by seeing transaction history.
- Advanced Search- search a selected $check amount range and date or range to find the check. The employee/server responsible for the check can also be selected to filter results further.
Viewing Check Details and Action Menu
Using any of the search functions listed above, the results will appear as itemized checks. Note: All checks will appear regardless of their status (Open, Paid, Closed, Voided). Below is an example of a result list from a search using the customer's last 4 credit card digits.
- Update- opens the check to view it from the order screen if selected on a tablet instead of a desktop computer.
- Actions- options to send the receipt via text or email to the customer, or show the digital receipt as a popup screen or a new tab.
- Adjust Payment- adjust credit card payment amount and tip amount. (Option will only be available if the payment has not been captured yet.)
- Void/Refund- opens a new page allowing to either void or refund the payment tied to the order. See more on issuing a refund for credit card payments here.