Toast allows you to set visibility options for menus This allows you to hide menus from the dashboard entirely and then make it visible only to specific tablets.
From the main Toast POS dashboard, access the Menu Setup page.
- Navigate to the menu you want to hide.
- Review the Visibility options under Properties
- By default, all menus will be visible to everyone.
- Adjust the setting to hide the item from everyone.
- Any adjustments need to be saved first before they take effect.
- Make the same adjustments for any additional menus that you need to hide.
Re-enable Hidden Menus
Re-enabling hidden menus will allow you to access menus with limited visibility from specific tablets. For example, you may want to have a second drink menu that is hidden from the first floor tablets but can be accessed by the second floor bar tablet.
You will need to perform the following steps at the desired tablet. These options are not accessible through your online Toast restaurant account.
- Select Device Setup located on the main Toast POS dashboard.
- Select Re-enable Hidden Menus option
- The prompt will allow you to select what hidden menus you want to re-enable.
- Do this for any additional tablets that need specific hidden menus re-enabled.
- Re-enabled menus will appear on the order screen.
- In the example below we re-enabled the Hunting hidden menu, which now appears as a visible menu on the specific tablet.