- Start by creating an order through the normal process.
- On the order page, tap the extra options icon (identified as 3 dots).
- Select Change Schedule to enter the date and time when the customer expects the order.
- The Toast system will then prompt you to set the preparation time.
- The preparation time will be relative to the order's schedule. In our example below, we have set the preparation time for 15 minutes. This means that the order will fire to the kitchen 15 minutes before the scheduled time for the order.
- Once the schedule has been set, you can complete the order normally.
In order to successfully have kitchen tickets printed for scheduled orders, exactly one device must have "Order Auto Firing" configured.
- Access Device Setup from the main Toast POS dashboard
- Select Yes for Order Auto Firing
- Ensure that there is only 1 dedicated device with Order Auto Firing enabled.
- You may need to review the same settings to make sure none of your other devices have this setting enabled.