Your dining customers can enroll in your Rewards Program by providing their email address at the point of purchase.
Upon enrolling, Toast will send an email to your customer which contains a summary of the program, a link to their unique e-Rewards Card (below) online and a points balance summary.
The E-Rewards Card
Each Toast Rewards Account has a live webpage which the customer is given a link to visit. This page will update in real-time as transactions to the account occur and points are earned or redeemed.
The card also is assigned a unique 16-digit number as well as a digital QR Code. Either of these identifiers can be presented to the Toast POS app at the point of purchase to tie the transaction to the Rewards Account.
Suggest to your customers to save this webpage in their smartphone as a bookmark or print the card out and bring it when they dine.
They may choose not to do either and can be looked up by name or email in the app as well.
Linking Debit/Credit Cards
When a customer signs up for a Rewards Account after paying with a credit or debit card, the account is also linked to that credit or debit card. When future payments are taken with that card the Rewards Point will be applied to the customers account automatically.
A linked debit/credit card will automatically earn points on future payments, but the customer MUST use the link in their welcome email to Verify the Card in order for the card to be used for redeeming points. If the card is not verified, the debit/credit card alone will not prompt the customer to use their points for discounts.
If the customer's Rewards Account was created from a cash payment and they do not have it linked to a credit card or debit card, they must present:
- 16 digit Toast Rewards Card number (to be keyed)
- Digital QR Code (to be scanned)
- Email address used at signup (Lookup Customer must be enabled)
- Phone Number - This is only attached to their account if they have previously received SMS (text message) receipt(s) for purchases attached to their Gift Card/Rewards Account
Using the Rewards Account
If the customer is paying with a different form of payment and wants to earn the eligible points for the transaction, the best way to do this is at the Pay screen before taking the payment.
1. Tap the button that says Rewards (below). You'll be prompted with the Apply Rewards Card screen (below) with various options.
- Key In - manually enter the customer's 16 digit number (the customer must know or have this information on hand)
- Scan - use the tablets camera to scan the customer's unique QR Code (camera will open automatically)
- Swipe - if the account is linked to a physical gift card, you can swipe it to look up the account
- Lookup - search by the customer's name or email (they must have previously registered their gift card).
Once you have located the account, if the customer has enough points to redeem for a discount, you will see the Save or Redeem screen (below) which gives the customer the options:
- Cancel - Cancels the application of the Rewards Account to the transaction, goes back to Pay screen.
- Save for Later - Applies the account to the transaction and any earned points will be applied to the account for future use.
- Redeem Points - Applies the Rewards Discount displayed to the transaction taking place. **
**Note: When a customer decides to redeem their points, they are forced to redeem all Rewards Account points less than or equal the total balance due on the check. They are not able to elect how many of their points they use.
In most cases, it is rare the Rewards Account Balance would exceed most customer checks, as show above, where points would be left over after paying for the entire check.
If a customer who is already registered registers again with the same email address via this screen below, they will not be given a second account. Their transaction will go toward their existing account based on the email provided.
They will receive an email that lets them know how their transaction was handled: