You can only adjust the tip on a closed check during the same business day. Once the payment has been batched, the tip will not be adjustable. Toast recommends not adjusting the tip of a closed check unless the customer is aware that an error was made and an adjustment is necessary.
- Access the Closed Checks view from the Payment Terminal.
- Tap on the check that needs to be adjusted.
- Note: A prompt may appear if the check is still being served by a server.
- Tap the blue "Pay" button once the order screen appears.
- Select the payment and tap on the tip box to adjust the tip amount
- Note: A prompt will appear requiring you to confirm that you want to edit the tip amount.
- Selecting Update will adjust the payment with the new total amount that includes the latest tip adjustment.