Toast can support an unlimited number of additional and alternative payment options (non-cash/non-credit) to be accepted by your restaurant. Popular options include 3rd party order & delivery sites like GrubHub and Eat24, coupon and deal sites like Groupon and LivingSocial, and paper gift certificates. Add any non-cash/non-credit option and you can accept it on the POS and track the reports right away.
Start by navigating to the Payments category and select 'Other Payment Options'
To create a New Other Payment Type, click + Add. This will bring you to a screen that looks like this:
Start by naming the payment option as it should appear on the payment screen and add a description only if you would like to provide one. Below is a guide to the options on the rest of the page, select an option for each to complete the payment option setup.
- Require Manager Approval: A manager would need to enter their passcode for an employee to apply this payment method.
- Treat as Discount -If enabled, applying a partial balance as this payment type would not subtract from taxes due as a discount would, and a receipt with the remaining balance due will print, if applicable.
- Tax Exempt -If enabled, applying this payment option would remove taxes from the entire check. Intended for third party order & delivery services as they usually handle taxes on their end.
- Tips Enabled - If enabled, customers would have the ability to apply a tip by printing a tip line on a receipt or prompting the customer to enter a tip if digital receipts are enabled.
- Thank You Dialog - If enabled along with digital receipt mode, the customer would be shown the thank you dialog.
- Show Receipt Dialog -If enabled along with digital receipt mode, the customer would be able to select how they would like their receipt; printed, emailed, texted, or none.
- Allow Rewards Program - When enabled, the payment type can be used with Toast Rewards Card/Program to earn points.
Finally, SAVE and PUBLISH to see the new option on the POS payment screen!