Moving checks to another server must first be activated as an user permission in order to perform this feature. Staff that do not have permission to move checks to another server should contact the on-duty manager to obtain an override.
Once you have permission, you can quickly move checks to another server through the order screen.
- Access the open check from the Table Service or Quick Orders mode from the main Toast POS dashboard.
- Click on the Update button to update the information for the check.
- Select the button at the top right of the screen to view the extra options drop down menu.
- Select Change Server
- Select the server you want to assign the check to.
- Note: Only currently clocked-in employees will be accessible.
- The check will now to attached to the new server and managers can view or access the check through the Payment Terminal portal.
- To commit the changes, hit Send or Hold, depending on whether or not there are items you want to have sent.