A printer may not work due to a number issues. It's critical to start with the easiest solutions first by going through the following workflow:
- Check that the power cord connection to the printer or cash drawer is tightly connected.
- Check that the ethernet cord is plugged into the printer and to the switch or wireless router.
- Check that the tablet is connected to the correct WiFi network.
- All Toast POS tablets should be connected to the dedicated Toast Secured network that was originally configured in order to talk with the printer. If there are network issues, a tablet may switch to another locally available wifi signal and may need to be manually adjusted back to the Toast Secured network.
- The printer may be connected to a bridge or switch that is located closer to the printer. Ensure that the printer is connect.
- Try restarting the printer - locate the power switch and turn it off & on.
- Try restarting the router.
- If there are too many devices on the network, it may slow down internet connectivity and cause the printer to not print or print tickets in delay.