Quick Edit Mode is a useful tool for making quick menu edits right on your device. Using Quick Edit Mode, you can add, add existing, order, rename, and delete various parts of your menu. Since Toast is a cloud-based system, any changes made on one device will appear on all other devices in the restaurant as well as in the back-end.
To enter Quick Edit Mode, tap and hold any menu button (ex. Appetizers). You'll be asked if you want to enter Quick Edit Mode, tap "ok".
In Quick Edit Mode you can:
- Add: New Items & Modifier Options, Existing Items & Modifier Options
- Delete: Items & Modifier Options
- Arrange: Items & Modifier Options
- Change Price: Items and Modifier Options
- Change Button Color
- Change Name & POS Name: Menus, Groups, Subgroups, Items, Modifier Groups, Modifier Options
- Inventory: Set in stock/out of stock/ how much stock left of Item & Modifier Options
- SKU: Add to Items & Modifier Optons
In Quick Edit mode you can't*:
- Add: New or existing Menus, Groups, Subgroups, Modifier Groups
- Delete: Menus, Groups, Subgroups, Modifier Groups
- Arrange: Menus, Groups, Subgroups, Modifier Groups
*Any changes that cannot be made in Quick Edit Mode can be made from Toast's back-end.
Note: If you're having difficulties accessing Quick Edit Mode:
• Make sure that your menu is up-to-date on the back-end and any changes made to your menus have been published to your devices
• Entering Quick Edit mode requires manager permissions, so ensure you're logged in using a manager passcode.