NOTE: If a credit card payment on the current business day's check needs to be cancelled it can be voided before processing. See our article on How to Void an Existing Payment on a Check.
1. Locate the payment using the Find Checks feature of the Manager section. This section can be accessed on both the online dashboard and the POS Tablet.
2. When you find the check needing, you can use the Actions drop down menu to find "Refund". (If this credit card payment is still in a stage where it can be voided, this option will appear as "Void").
3. Click refund and proceed to the final page where you can:
Full Refund - Enter the full Subtotal in the Subtotal Field and full Tip amount in the Tip Field from the numbers above.
Partial Subtotal Refund - enter the amount of the Subtotal Field to refund and backspace any figure in the Tip Field.
Partial Tip Refund - enter the partial amount of the Tip Field to refund and backspace any figure in the Subtotal Field.
- Type a reason for refund
4. Select Save.
The page will refresh and you will have options to email or text the Refund Receipt to any recipient you wish.
Refund to a credit card not tied to a previous credit card payment
1. Use the Issue Refund function of the Manager dashboard.
2. For this process, you'll need the full card information of the customer/card holder requesting the refund. Enter the information and click Issue Refund to complete.
To refund a partial credit card payment:
You can find recently closed or paid checks that need to be refunded through the Payment Terminal.
- Select each item on the check that needs to be refunded and click “Remove”
- Items removed will be displayed as crossed out and an adjusted total will be shown.
- Select “Pay” to begin the credit card adjustment and partial refund. Select “Dismiss” if you receive a popup about a negative balance amount due. A negative balance amount due will indicate that the customer is owed an amount due to voided items.
- Select the payment and press the “Balance Due” amount to prompt a pop up confirming you wish perform an adjustment.
- The new amount should accurately reflect the check minus the cost of any items voided.
- Selecting “Update” will complete the partial refund and update the check to reflect the final total.
- You may now “Close” the check or select “Done” to retain it as a paid check to be closed at the end of the shift.
- If the payment has already batched out, go to the Admin Dashboard>Manager>Find Checks
- use one of the available criteria to find the check
- From “actions” select refund.
- You may also select “Adjustment” or “Void” for checks that have been paid. This will re-open the check to perform a partial or full refund.