Internet connectivity issues that affect active Toast devices as well as any non-Toast devices, such as online personal computers, guest wifi networks, and internet dependent music/TV related devices, may be related to your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) network capabilities.
Toast recommends a connection of at least 5 mbps. You may want to contact your ISP to verify your network's current speed and connection capacity.
If you have internet connectivity issues that affect Toast and non-Toast devices, particularly during peak hours, we recommend you assess the following:
- Check the signal strength of each Toast device by looking for the wifi radio signal on the notifications bar located across the top of the tablet screen. tablets should have 4-5 bars of signal strength. If a tablet has only 1-2 bars of signal strength, you may need to relocate the tablet or possibly move the wifi router or access-point closer to the tablet.
- Disable any additional devices or services running through your internet connection.
- Streaming applications such as iTunes as well as other music or television/movie applications may result in Toast not being able to perform tasks quickly and completely. Other wifi networks, such as private back office or guest networks that are used heavily will have a similar effect if they all operate off the same network connection.
- Restart the router by unplugging/re-plugging the device. This will clear up any temporary issues that was causing the router to not perform effectively.
- Contact your ISP to check for any neighborhood/area wide connection issues or to report a connection issue that is affecting all devices running through their service.
- Consider upgrading to a faster internet package or purchase a backup 4G wifi solution.