Toast recommends you troubleshoot no internet connection issues immediately. Often the issue is a simple fix that may be related to a smaller issue such as an unplugged power cord or a tablet that is not connected to the dedicated Toast wifi network. Go through the following workflow to quickly identify and fix the issue:
- Ensure that the tablet is connected to the dedicated Toast network.
- Tap on the home button on the tablet and access the standard tablet settings page.
- Ensure that the wifi switch icon on the top right is green and that the tablet is connected to the dedicated Toast network. The network should appear at the top of the list in blue and state "Connected".
- Ensure that it is not a tablet issue by restarting the tablet if necessary.
- Ensure that it is a Toast network-only issue by checking that your other restaurant networks, such as guest or personal wifi, or devices have an active internet connection through your internet service provider.
- Locate the dedicated Toast router - it is usually a white or silver device with "Meraki" branding.
- Ensure that the router's power cord is plugged in and that the cord is plugged into an active outlet or power cord.
- Check to make sure the router's light icon is white. A orange icon may indicate that the router may not be connected to your internet service provider.
- Restart the router if necessary by unplugging/re-plugging the power cord or pressing the small reset button.
- The router may take 30-60 seconds to restart and will indicate a yellow light icon before indicating a green light if it has successfully connected to the internet.
If you still have no internet connectivity contact Toast at email@example.com or call 617-682-0225 for further troubleshooting.