Combining or merging checks is quick and painless on your Toast tablet! Try it yourself by following the steps below.
NOTE: You are only able to Combine Checks that in open (not paid or closed) status and have not had a payment applied to them.
1. Open up the Payment Terminal by selecting the mode from the Toast Dashboard.
Here in the Payment Terminal we have two open checks, #3921 and #3922 which we would like to combine.
2. Open the overflow menu by tapping the 3 grey squares in the top-right corner.
3. To begin, tap the option for Combine Checks to bring you to the Combine Checks screen.
The first check you select here is the destination check, the other check will be merged into this one.
4. Select your destination check, check #3921 in this example. The banner at the top of the screen changes and displays "Combine into Check #3921", asking you to select the check that will be combined into #3921.
5. For the last step, tap the other check(s)!
As you can see from the newly combined $31.38 total, check #3922 was successfully combined into #3921.