The following are instructions on how to change the print density on the T20 receipt printers. (Note: there is no way to change the density on the U220 ribbon "Kitchen" printers). We are using the "feed" button to navigate through the list, and pressing and holding the button to confirm menu choices or to enter into them for further editing. At any point, if you need to start over, simply power cycle the printer.
1. Turn off Printer. Then hold the feed button while turning the printer back on for 5 seconds.
General printer settings will print out, looking like this:
2. On the bottom, look for MODE SELECTION, and it instructs you to press the feed button longer than 1 second:
Press and hold the feed button for longer than 1 second to activate mode selection.
3. You will see the MODE SELECTION list print and a choice of modes 0-4. this indicates how many times you have to press the feed button to access the menu you want. In this case, we're gong to press it 3 times, and then press and hold for one lsecond or more to print the next step:
4. Then, you will see a 0-18 list called Customize Value Settings. As you can see, you can change many different aspects of how the printer operates. Most of these are defaults set to work best with Toast. Press the feed button 2 times, (which will get us to "Print Density") and then press and hold to print.
5. On the next printed menu, you will see the Print Density list - you have 7 settings for print density with the T20 (If you get to this menu and the density is already at 100%, this is as dark as it gets, and it cannot go any darker).
6. Press the feed button as many times as the number 0-7 density you would like, then press and hold the feed button. You have now set the density, and just need to finalize.
7. Restart the printer.
Density is set.