After closing a terminal's cash drawer, a Closed Drawer Report can be printed to monitor cash drawer transactions. This is useful for keeping physical records of cash drawer close outs and for tracking unusual cash drawer activity.
By default, the Closed Drawer Report will include:
- Name of device (configured in Device Setup)
- Time that the cash drawer was opened and closed
- Name of the employee that the cash drawer was locked to (if applicable)
- Name of the employee that closed the cash drawer
- Name of employee that printed the closed drawer report
Additional sections can be configured to show on the Closed Drawer Report:
- Cash Summary
- Includes starting cash amount, cash payments, expected closeout cash, and actual closeout cash
- No Sale Audit
- Includes the time, name of the employee, and reason for the "no sale"
- Cash Transaction Detail
- Includes the time, name of the employee, and amount for each cash transaction
- Employee and Manager signatures
The Closed Drawer Report can be configured to print automatically when a cash drawer is closed, or it can be printed on-demand.
To configure, navigate to UI Options and scroll to Closed Drawer Report Configurations.
To print the report from a terminal, open the Cash Drawers section under Cash Management. From the Closed Drawers tab, select the cash drawer for which the drawer is being printed. The report will print out the Closed Drawer Report on the receipt printer assigned to the terminal being used
The Closed Drawer Report will appear as shown below: