Restaurant employees/managers can pull actual counted cash amounts from terminals/cash drawers and enter them into Toast as deposits. Deposit amounts are displayed in end-of-day reporting.
This allows restaurant administrators to verify the deposit amounts that were entered into Toast match the amount received by your bank.
On the device:
There is no configuration required to enable the deposit feature. However, any employee that should have the ability to add deposits must have access to the Cash Management (Full) permission.
From the Toast dashboard, scroll to the Cash Management section and select Deposits. Note that there is no expected cash amount shown--allowing for flexible deposit amounts to be entered into Toast.
Select Add Deposit. Enter the deposit amount and select OK. The date, action (deposit), amount, and user will be listed on the deposit screen.
A deposit slip will automatically print once the amount is entered into Toast. The deposit slip includes the following information:
- Date and time
- Account Name: House Bank
- Employee name that added the deposit
- Deposit type (cash)
- Individual deposit amount
- Total deposit amount
- Employee and manager signatures
Deposits on the Z Report
To enable a Deposit Summary on your end-of-day Z Report, navigate to your UI Options and scroll to Z Report Configuration. Make sure that Deposit Summary is selected.
The Deposit Summary will appear on the Z Report as shown below:
Deposits will appear in the Sales Summary Report as Actual Deposits. This amount accounts for only the cash amounts that you have counted and recorded into Toast using the Deposit function.
Note: The Actual Deposit amount is different from the Expected Deposit amount.
- The Expected Deposit amount is taken from the Expected Closeout Cash (includes starting balances of all cash drawers plus all cash transactions taken in/out of each cash drawer) minus the starting cash balances of all cash drawers.
- Deposit Overage/Shortages are calculated from the Expected Deposit amount minus the Actual Deposit amount. If there are no Actual Deposits, the Overage/Shortage column will read N/A.
The Cash Drawer Report
In the Cash Drawers tab of the Sales Report, Actual Deposits will appear in the far left column. For a breakdown of added deposits, select View.
The deposit breakdown will appear below. Note that you can add deposits directly from Toast’s back-end by selecting Add Deposit.