This is the new reader from Magtek that can both swipe credit cards and use the EMV chip reader. You will not be able to utilize the EMV chip feature until it is certified (estimated after mid-2017, stay tuned!), but you can swipe the card instead.
The reader operates on an internal rechargeable battery that is fully charged in about 3 hours. On a full charge, you can expect to get about 250 swipes or 180 chip reads.
Here's a photo of the reader attached to a 7" Samsung tablet:
Pairing the eDynamo to your tablet:
- Make sure the reader and the tablet are both charged. For the reader, press the bluetooth pairing button on the side, if the blue status light on the right comes on, this means the reader has power.
- Hold down the bluetooth pairing button of the reader for 3 seconds, and you will see the blue status light blink 3 times indicating that it is in pairing mode and ready to be paired.
- Go into bluetooth menu from tablet settings, click scan, select “edynamo - BXXXXXX” (this should be the serial number found on the bottom of your reader.)
- When the pairing screen comes up, it will ask you for a passcode. "000000" (six zeros) is the passcode.
- Select the eDynamo as the card reader model and bluetooth device from the device setup page in the Toast app.
- Click the Toast app -> scroll to device setup -> scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen -> select card reader model -> select MagTek eDynamo (Bluetooth).
- Click the back arrow (top left) -> select bluetooth device -> select MagTek eDynamo (Bluetooth)
Test the card reader easily by going to the quick order screen -> select 'Tab' -> wait until you see a green credit card icon in the top left corner of the screen -> swipe. You should see the name on the card show up on the screen.
If you were unable to get the reader to successfully read the card, try the steps again and make sure you chose the correct card reader in device setup, and that the correct card reader has been paired via bluetooth.
Still having trouble? Contact support by phone at (617) 682-0225, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly from Toast by selecting 'Submit Ticket' under support.